Saturday, September 20, 2014

First impressions with the Chromebook experiment

  So, I started using my Chromebook full time at home.  I have found a few useful app, one is an SSH App so I can connect to my other Linux/Pi machines in my home network.  But I also found a little problem, I can't mount or access my NAS native in my Chromebook, except via browser, but I hope this will change with time.  I also found a useful syntax coloring editor called Caret, I tested it with XML, and a bash script.  I am still adjusting to the thought of having everything in the cloud.  The Chromebook also recognized my 1TB Toshiba USB 3.0 Hard Drive, though I wasn't able to play a few .flv, and .wma files, that doesn't bother me, but if you have a rather big collection of .wma files, this can be a problem.  I have already uploaded my mp3 music to google music, so I can listen to it everywhere, which I find convenient.
  I also tried importing images from my digital camera, now I am not used to this cloud thing yet.  I wasn't able to edit them until after it was uploaded to Google Plus.  I'm still getting used to it, so it may be my ignorance at this time, I'll update as I learn and find out new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment